Feminist Killjoy URL update

David Seljak dseljak at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 19 11:46:21 EDT 2016

The URL for this event is: https://www.sju.ca/Presidents/confessions-feminist-killjoy-erin-wunker-lecture

Please post on social media.
David

From: David Seljak
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:00 PM
Subject: Feminist Killjoy URL update

Please find attached a poster for Erin Wunker's lecture at St. Jerome's University on November 3rd.

Below I've provided a text version that you can cut and paste into the Announcements page of your course web sites.

Please do everything you can to publicize this event.

Confessions of a Feminist Killjoy

Erin Wunker (Acadia University) is a feminist killjoy, and she thinks you should be one, too! She brings memoir, literary criticism, pop culture, theory, and feminist thinking together to introduce Sara Ahmed's figure of the feminist killjoy as a lens through which to read the world.

Erin's brand new book Notes from a Feminist Killjoy (2016) has been named Quill and Quire Fall 2016 Non-Fiction Preview Selection and 49th Shelf Most Anticipated Fall 2016 Non-Fiction Preview Selection. She is Chair of Canadian Women in the Literary Arts (www.cwila.com<http://www.cwila.com>) and co-founder of Hook & Eye: Fast Feminism, Slow Academe (www.hookandeye.ca<http://www.hookandeye.ca>).

Thursday, November 3, 2:30 p.m. Room SJ1-3014
St. Jerome's University. Free. Open to all.

Sponsored by the St. Jerome's University HeForShe Committee in support of the UN Women Solidarity Movement for Gender Equality. #HeForShe

St. Jerome's is part of the University of Waterloo's commitment to the United Nation's HeForShe campaign: www.HeForShe.org<http://www.HeForShe.org>, and I am SJU's Faculty Advocate for the HeForShe Impact 10x10x10 initiative (http://www.heforshe.org/impact)

I forgot to add the URL for the Killjoy lecture, which people may need for posting on social media.
https://www.sju.ca/Presidents/confessions-feminist-killjoy-erin-wunker-lecture

I also should mention that the SJU HeForShe Committee appreciates funding for this event from St. Jerome's University president, Katherine Bergman.

Finally, please use the updated poster.

David Seljak
Associate Professor of Religious Studies
Faculty of Arts
University of Waterloo

200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G1