³What UW Taught Me About Design at Google² A talk by UW Alumni, Patrick Hofmann

Frances Condon fcondon at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 19 17:09:53 EDT 2016

Colleagues,

Please consider attending.

UW English alumnus Patrick Hofmann will speak Thursday Oct 20 4:15-6pm at Critical Media Lab

“What UW Taught Me About Design at Google”

Patrick Hofmann UW alumnus (Honours English Rhetoric & Professional Writing) discusses how his training helped him move from technical writer to information architect and finally as a user experience designer at Google. He talks about the foundations of audience analysis, technical writing, and digital arts that he employs in his work today.

Location
Critical Media Lab
44 Gaukel Street
Kitchener Ontario N2G 4P3

Dr. Frankie Condon
Associate Professor of English Language and Literature
University of Waterloo

Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before.
~Audre Lorde.