Dimitri Nasrallah Reads at St Jerome's! Fri 4 Nov 4:30pm

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 31 10:04:16 EDT 2016

As part of our Journeys theme, we welcome novelist, editor and translator Dimitri Nasrallah.

Please join us at 4:30pm on Friday 4 November in SJ1 3027.

Opening act: David Di Iorio

We're delighted to be sharing Dimitri with The New Quarterly's Wild Writers Festival where he will be featured as part of panel discussions on Publishing and on Translation. See the festival programme here: https://tnq.ca/wildwriters/

Dimitri Nasrallah has been the editor for Véhicule Press's fiction imprint, Esplanade Books, since 2013. In that time he has initiated a new translation program, working with well-known authors such as Neil Smith and Claire Holden Rothman to translate new Quebecois fiction for Canadian readers. The initiative has resulted in Esplanade's first-ever nomination for a Governor General's Literary Award. Nasrallah is the author of the novels Niko (2011, winner of the Hugh MacLennan Prize for Fiction) and Blackbodying (2005, winner of the McAuslan First Book Award).  His translation of Éric Plamondon's Hungary-Hollywood Express was published this year.

The reading is free and all are welcome! Please spread the word.

Visit us at http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca/>

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $153 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 153 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.