Invitation to Tesatawiyat (Come In) exhibit launch - Jan 25 at 7 PM

Michelle Anne Jackett mavanrassel at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 19 12:09:15 EST 2017

Good afternoon,
The Winter 2017 Grebel Gallery exhibit at Conrad Grebel University College has opened and I'd like to invite you to join us for its upcoming launch reception.

Tesatawiyat, meaning "come in" in Mohawk, is a community art project that resulted in 19 photographs of First Nations families in their homes. The exhibit is a partnership between the Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement at Conrad Grebel, artists Bryce Kanbara and Mina Ao, and the Waterloo Aboriginal Education Centre (WAEC) at St. Paul's University College. The exhibit also features Travelling Through, a striking painting by well-known Mohawk artist Shelley Niro, taken from her "Indian Summer" series.
The exhibit launch is on Wednesday January 25th at 7 PM in the Grebel Gallery. The Waterloo Aboriginal Education Centre will be welcoming guests and we'll have the chance to hear the artists say a few words.
We'd love for you to join us if you're able! For more details about the launch, and to register, visit https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-peace-advancement/grebel-gallery.
Thank you,
Michelle Jackett
Coordinator, Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement<uwaterloo.ca/grebel/mscu-cpa>
Conrad Grebel University College, University of Waterloo
140 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, Ontario  N2L 3G6
519-885-0220 x24221
[grebel_signature_logo]<http://uwaterloo.ca/grebel>