Quantum Shorts & Quantum Applications

Jodi Szimanski jodi.szimanski at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 27 09:10:16 EST 2017

We have a special night planned at the Institute for Quantum Computing for the general public! It’s a short film festival and a talk on the applications of quantum devices.
First, you will get the opportunity to enjoy the top 10 quantum-inspired films from the Quantum Shorts contest held by the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) in Singapore. IQC partnered with CQT, other quantum institutes and media partners around the world to hold this annual contest.
After watching these “fanciful” films, Senior Manager, Scientific Outreach, Martin Laforest will tell you about the applications of quantum devices that will affect many areas of our lives and where researchers hope they will be used in the future.
Thursday, February 23, 7:00 pm
Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre, QNC 0101

Register<https://uwaterloo.ca/institute-for-quantum-computing/events/quantum-shorts-and-quantum-applications> for your tickets today!

--
[cid:B4350216-7A15-4CDC-A37E-83B356C5CC1F]

Jodi Szimanski
Senior Communications Manager
Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC)
University of Waterloo