UWAG Presents Yours Truly, Fine Arts Undergrad Exhibit opening March 15

Jurakic, Ivan ijurakic at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 14 11:06:30 EDT 2018

44th Annual Senior Undergraduate Exhibition
Presented by University of Waterloo Fine Arts

March 15-April 7, 2018
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 15 from 5:00-8:00 pm

The Department of Fine Arts proudly presents Yours Truly, the 44th Annual Senior Undergraduate Exhibition featuring artwork by fourth year honours students completing the Fine Arts undergraduate degree program at the University of Waterloo. Representing a diverse range of themes, materials and media, the exhibition reflects both the creativity of the students and the wide-range of studio-based practices they are engaged in.

To whom it may concern,

This exhibition is a beginning as well as a culmination of four years of study and camaraderie under the same roof. We have spent this time learning to bring ideas to life and to make things that might not exist without us. We have gotten to know ourselves and one another just a little bit better.

It was difficult to see what we were learning while we were in the midst of it; only by looking back can we begin to make some sense of this experience. Growth is not always linear. We started out in one place and many of us made our way to somewhere quite different, while striving to make work that speaks to you as well as to our own individual truths.

Here’s what we came up with. Hope you like it. We look forward to what comes next.

Yours Truly,

Shonah Affleck, Mikayla Barney, Jacky Brule, Cindy Chau, Ioana Dragomir, Muriel Farmer, Alex Garcia, Mahir Hoque, Christie Kwan, Veronica Liang, Ji Luo, Karen Ly, Sarah Moreau, Alisha Rombouts, Farah Sadek, Christie Shen, Nadine Simec, Emma Smith, Sepideh Dashti, Émily Traichel, Jodie Tu, Hannah Veiga, James Zhu

Please join us for this celebration of work by emerging artists
Exhibition is free and open to the public

ADMIT EVERYONE
University of Waterloo Art Gallery
East Campus Hall 1239
519.888.4567 ext. 33575
uwag.uwaterloo.ca
facebook.com/uwag.waterloo

CONTACT
Ivan Jurakic, Director / Curator
519.888.4567 ext. 36741
ijurakic at uwaterloo.ca

HOURS
Tuesday to Saturday 12:00-5:00 pm or by appointment

DRIVING
263 Phillip Street, Waterloo
East Campus Hall (ECH) is located north of University Avenue West across from Engineering 6

PARKING
Visitor Parking is available in Lot B across from Engineering 6 or Lot Q for a flat rate of $5
uwaterloo.ca/map/

MAILING
University of Waterloo Art Gallery
200 University Avenue West