Sally Weaver Award Guest Lecture, November 1: Intellectual activism in Anthropology

Jennifer Doucet jennifer.doucet at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 23 09:30:04 EDT 2019

Join the Department of Anthropology, alumni, and friends, for the 2019 Sally Weaver Award Guest Lecture<https://uwaterloo.ca/anthropology/events/2019-sally-weaver-award-guest-lecture>.
Guest speaker, Thurka Sangaramoorthy, PhD, MPH (Associate Professor at the University of Maryland) will be presenting a lecture titled:
Intellectual activism in Anthropology
Today, more than ever, anthropologists are utilizing their expertise to better inform policy and practice and contribute to social action. They are effectively translating complex issues into stories and ideas that resonate with a variety of audiences, including influential change makers.
When:

Friday, November 1, 2019 | 12:00 p.m.

Where:

Arts Lecture Hall | Room 124 | University of Waterloo

Cost:

Free; registration not required.
Reception to follow.

With great thanks to the generosity of our donors, this year, the prestigious Sally Weaver Award<https://uwaterloo.ca/anthropology/graduate/funding-and-awards/sally-weaver-award> will be presented to our Graduate Student, Benjamin Scher<https://uwaterloo.ca/anthropology/people-profiles/benjamin-scher>.

We hope to see you there!

Jennifer Liu
Associate Professor, Associate Chair, Graduate Studies
Department of Anthropology