Grebel Gallery Exhibit Launch

CPA Communications cpa.communications at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 22 14:44:49 EDT 2019

We have an exciting new engagement opportunity coming up at the Centre for Peace Advancement! Our Centre's upcoming Gallery exhibit, "The Cultural Life of Drones: KW Drone Dialogues", employs installation and social documentary practices to provoke a dialogue about the logistics of drone technologies and our intimate relations with them. The exhibit's creator and curator, Sara Matthews, is excited to express years of research in the field of drones and global studies as a faculty member at Wilfrid Laurier University, through this unique combination of installation, conceptual, and research-based art forms.

The exhibit will be up from November 11, 2019 - April 24, 2020, with a launch reception<https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-peace-advancement/events/launch-reception-cultural-life-drones-kw-drone-dialogues> taking place in the Grebel Gallery at 7 PM on November 14th. Sara Matthews' curatorial work involved interviewing experts in the various fields associated with drone cultures, and the reception will feature comments from each of these experts, followed by her own curator's tour.

We would like to extend an invitation to our launch to any interested faculty, staff, or students. We also invite professors to consider building an exhibit tour into any of their Winter term courses, and the launch would be a great opportunity to gauge suitability. The Grebel Gallery provides private tours to groups and/or classes at no charge.

Please feel free to visit and register at the following link: https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-peace-advancement/events/launch-reception-cultural-life-drones-kw-drone-dialogues.
[https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-peace-advancement/sites/ca.centre-peace-advancement/files/uploads/images/drones_shareable_graphic.png]<https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-peace-advancement/events/launch-reception-cultural-life-drones-kw-drone-dialogues>

Launch reception for The Cultural Life of Drones: KW Drone Dialogues | Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement | University of Waterloo<https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-peace-advancement/events/launch-reception-cultural-life-drones-kw-drone-dialogues>
uwaterloo.ca
Join us for a reception celebrating the upcoming Grebel Gallery exhibit, The Cultural Life of Drones: KW Drone Dialogues by Sara Matthews.

If you would like more information, please reach out to Kirsten Mosey<mailto:cpa.communications at uwaterloo.ca>, Michelle Jackett<mailto:michelle.jackett at uwaterloo.ca>, or the Centre for Peace Advancement reception desk (ext. 24204) at Conrad Grebel University College.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you at the launch,

Centre for Peace Advancement