New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 9 No. 1)

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 28 09:29:37 EST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The newest issue of the CJDS is now live — please share widely!
This issue really showcases the urgency, diversity, and ingenuity of Disability Studies scholarship.

https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/31

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Tobin Haley, to Knowledge Mobilization Editor Danielle Lorenz, Alternative Formats Editor Sarah Smith, as well as Graham Faulkner and Jordan Hale at the University of Waterloo.

ARTICLES

Erosion of Social Support for Disabled People in Ontario: An Appraisal of the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Using a Human Rights Framework
Tracy Smith-Carrier, Phyllis Montgomery, Sharolyn Mossey, Tanya Shute, Cheryl Forchuk, Abraham Rudnick

Deformography: An Autoethnography of Syndactyly
Danielle Lorenz

Disability Barriers in Academia: An Analysis of Disability Accommodation Policies for Faculty at Canadian Universities
Natasha Saltes

Crip Theory and Mad Studies: Intersections and Points of Departure
Ryan Thorneycroft

Adaptive Musical Instruments (AMIs): Past, Present, and Future Research Directions
Florian Grond, Keiko Shikako-Thomas, Eric Lewis

Characteristics of Disability Leaders: An Atlantic Canada Profile
Mario Levesque

REVIEWS

Review of "Was Yosef on the Spectrum," by Samuel J. Levine
Majia Nedesan

Review of "The Tiger Flu," by Larissa Lai
Niamh Timmons

“Hap Walk”: A Reading of Living a Feminist Life by Sara Ahmed and “Docile Bodies” in Discipline and Punish by Michel Foucault
Patricia Ki

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
(my pronouns: he/him/his)
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Chair, Equity Committee of the Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo
Professor of English
Associate Chair of English, UCOI
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ‎ the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. In my teaching and research, I am committed to recognizing and respecting this territory.