Distinguished Lecture in Economics, Sept. 20

Wendy Philpott wphilpott at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 25 12:05:10 EDT 2022

Good afternoon,

Next month, we will be hosting our annual Faculty of Arts Distinguished Lecture in Economics<https://uwaterloo.ca/economics/faculty-arts-distinguished-lecture-economics>. Paul Beaudry, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada, will address what the COVID-19 pandemic may have taught us — how the macroeconomy works in times of crisis, what important questions this experience has raised and what may lie ahead as we continue to face challenges like stubbornly high inflation.