contributions to the Fall ACTR/ARTC Newsletter

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Aug 26 17:24:34 EDT 1996

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Shawn Huffman wrote:

> Dear Ms Chung,
>
> I lost the deadline date for contributions to the newsletter.  If you
> could remind me I would very much appreciate it.  Also, do contributions
> include bibliographic references for articles published during the year?

Hello Shawn Huffman, email enabled members of ACTR, and CANDRAMA:

I am the new editor of the ACTR/ARTC Newsletter.  I just got back today from
visiting family on the west coast, hence the delay in my reply.

The official deadline for submissions to the _Newsletter_ of the
Association for Canadian Theatre Research/Association de la recherche
theatrale au Canada is 1 September for a projected 1 October publication
date.  However, I will accept material after 1 Sept and work it in whenever
possible, so please do make your submission.  If you get it in *before* 1
Sept, I can virtually promise its publication in the Fall issue, if you
submit *after* 1 Sept, I will do my best but can not promise it will get in.

A form will be supplied in the Fall issue of the Newsletter for
submissions of bibliographic references for publications.  The
bibliography is generally published in the Spring issue of the Newsletter.

I have just scanned through the 112 messages in my inbox and am delighted by
the CANDRAMA discussion.  I invite interested individuals to express
further thoughts in the ACTR/ARTC Newsletter -- remember, not everyone is
on email or in CANDRAMA (alas and alack)!

Also, thank you Reid for bringing up the issue about the relation between
CANDRAMA, ACTR, BBSs, etc.  Perhaps we can have more discussion about
this and get an idea of what the subscribers of CANDRAMA feel about, were
aware of about, CANDRAMA's relation to ACTR/ARTC?

I'll be sending a more informative and "official" notice and invitation
for newsletter submissions ASAP so stay tuned!  For now, I will just
express a general invitation for news and notices, calls for papers,
regional reports of academic and practical theatre activities (oops,
falling into that theory/practice division already), births, deaths,
graduations, jobs, etc, etc.

The prohibitive cost of having a translator work for the Newsletter means
that until such a time as we can achieve a fluently bi- or multi-lingual
editor or editing team, your submissions will be published **in the
language(s) in which they are submitted.**

Also, as a preliminary unofficial notice: the ACTR/ARTC Newsletter is
exploring ways of going electronic to reduce publication costs and save
trees.  Internet enabled members of ACTR/ARTC who receive this message are
invited, nay URGED, to reply to me stating YES or NO whether they would
like to receive the Newsletter via email.  Your co-operation will help the
association reduce costs enabling us to better direct our limited funds to
other needs.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please don't hesitate
to communicate them.  Thank you ALL.

Kathy Chung <kchung at chass.utoronto.ca>
Editor, ACTR/ARTC Newsletter/Bulletin de liaison
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
University of Toronto
214 College St, 3rd Fl.
Toronto, ON  M5T 2Z9