Gender role reversal and the portrayal of gender

Walter Cassidy wcassidy at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Jul 26 22:36:56 EDT 1996

Dear Victor,

        I just thought I would leave you note about Split Britches.  ther
are a Lesbian theatre company from New York.  While I was doing  my MFA
in Hawaii I performed ina play called"Valley of the Doll house."  I would
try to get a hold of them or the work of Sue Ellen Case or Juli Burk.
Both have written about them and they do do role reversal.  As myself I
was  "the bearded Lady" for the show.  They are a good resource to look
at i think.  Pluse were very fun to work with and very easy to talk to.
        Hope this is somewhat helpful.

walter cassidy