Publishers of Canadian Plays?

Hans Boggild Hans_Boggild at MINDLINK.BC.CA
Mon Mar 11 14:31:36 EST 1996

Hello Members of Candrama!

I'm a playwright, and recently wrote a play with Doug Innis called
"The Satchemo' Suite".   The play toured Nova Scotia in the fall of
1995, and it's presently touring all over the Maritimes.  The play is
produced by the Mulgrave Road Theatre in Guysborough Nova Scotia.

The play is a homage to the great Louis Armstrong.   It examines
racism from a number of different angles, in an attempt to
understand the problem.  In any case, it's a powerful moving show,
and Doug and I are quite proud of it.  We're also quite happy about
the script we wrote for this production.

I have a question for you all.  Does anyone know is there are any
Canadian publishers who are publishing Canadian plays?   I know there
were for a while.  Is anybody doing it now?  Do any of them pay the
the playwrights?

Thanks for your time, and regards to you all!

Yours Truly,

Hans Boggild,
writer, director.

Hans_Boggild at mindlink.bc.ca