Goings-on in London

Frederick Kern fkern at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Sat Oct 12 13:57:00 EDT 1996

Well, as I'm here in London on my parent's computer during the
Thanksgiving holiday, I noticed a Grand Theatre season catalogue.  In that
respect, I decided to hopefully spur on CANDRAMA activity.  Perhaps those
on CANDRAMA in remote (or not so remote) areas could post a list of what
each area-specific theatre or company is staging this season.  From here,
it might spur on discussion or comments, etc...

As for the Grand Theatre in London, the season follows, under the artistic
direction of Michael Shamata:

Mainstage:

PRIVATE LIVES, Noel Coward
ATLANTIS, Maureen Hunter
GREAT EXPECTATIONS, Charles Dickens
THE GLASS MENAGERIE, Tennessee Williams
THREE TALL WOMEN, Edward Albee
MONEY AND FRIENDS, David Williamson
WINGFIELD 4, Dan Needles
PATSY CLINE: SWEET DREAMS.  THE FANTASY TOUR, Virginia O'Brien-Harkness

Mainstage Dance Series:

GISELLE, National Ballet of Canada
DANNY GROSSMAN dance company
MARGIE GILLIS

McManus Studio, "theatre for adult audiences"

MAD BALLADES:  SONGS OF LUNACY, LEVITY AND LOVE, Kate Hennig & Alan Laing
BIG FACE, Marion DeVries

McManus Studio, "theatre for young audiences"

BEO'S BEDROOM, Ned Dickens
LITTLE SISTER, Joan MacLeod

And that's about it for now.  May everyone have a grand feast this
weekend.
-AFK.