ACTR Newsletter/ARTC Bulletin de liason Call for Submissions

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Sep 9 12:24:39 EDT 1996

Hello Candrama members of ACTR/ARTC!

I am the new editor of the ACTR Newsletter/ARTC Bulletin de liason and I
would like to invite members of ACTR/ARTC to make submission to me for
a "News of Members" section of the newsletter.  I wish to build on what
Richard Sutherland has established.  The Newsletter/Bulletin is meant to
serve YOU, and I need YOUR help to do this!

 1. Do you know of friends, graduate students, who have just defended their
    MA or PhD theses?  Urge them to share this happy news with the
    association members.  Let us celebrate the achievements of our
    colleagues!  (Besides, it's a good way to signal that they are looking
    for work!)

    They should send me at least the following:

        a) name
        b) degree achieved
        c) date
        d) from which institution
        e) thesis title
        f) thesis supervisor
        g) comments (of thanks? of relief? of jubilation?) - optional

 2. Other membership news you might wish to share:

        a) births
        b) deaths
        c) partnerships
        d) moves
        e) honours
        f) new jobs
        g) retirements
        h) sabbaticals
        i) projects, shows, conferences in which you are involved

Basically, please take some time to think about what *you'd* like to see in
the newsletter and set an example by submitting something of the liken or
urging your colleagues to do so!!!

I am one and you are many.  Your help and *participation* is required to
make the Newsletter serve you better and to improve communication in the
association.  If you have comments or suggestions, please feel free to
contact me.

IMPORTANT NOTE
--------------
The Newsletter/Bulletin accepts both French and English submissions.  Our
language policy is to publish material IN THE LANGUAGE(S) IN WHICH IT WAS
SUBMITTED.  If you wish your notice to be in one or both Fr/Engl, then
please provide it as such.  We will accept material via email, on disk, or
if absolutely necessarily, in hard copy.  If possible, French submissions
should be in a form such that the accents arrive intact.

DEADLINE: I am really hoping for a 15 Oct publication date the latest.
Please submit your material ASAP!!!

Please address your submissions to:

        Kathy Chung, Editor
        ACTR Newsletter/ARTC Bulletin de liaison
        c/o Graduate Drama Centre
        University of Toronto
        214 College St, 3rd Floor
        Toronto, ON  Canada  M5T 2Z9

        fax  : (416) 978-1378
        Email: kchung at chass.utoronto.ca

I look forward to receiving your NEWS!  Thank you! and again I thank you!