recommendation

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Thu Oct 8 13:21:25 EDT 1998

For those you in or with access to the Toronto area, I thought I'd post a
strong recommendation to try to see _Insomnia_ at the Theatre Centre. It's
created (text & direction) by Daniel Brooks and Guillermo Verdecchia, &
features Brooks, Fiona Highet, Randy Hughson, & Lisa Ryder.

It's one of the best shows I've seen in years: an outstanding,
challenging, nuanced, and risky script; extraordinary inventiveness and
precision in the direction and design (light and sound are particularly
exciting); and powerful, precise, and rich in all four performances.

The show opened last night and runs  only to the 25th of October. If you
can possibly get to it, do.

Cheers,

Ric Knowles