CANDRAMA and a Question

Michael Hood mhood at GROVE.IUP.EDU
Sun Sep 20 18:48:13 EDT 1998

To the lsit and to Howard:

Here's a question:

What is the relationship between the theatre of Quebec and the Theatre
of the rest of Canada?  What influence does Lepage, for instance, have
on the theatre currently practiced in Alberta, or BC?  Is there interest
among Anglophone theatre companies for translated productions of
comntemporary Quebecois authors?  Is there CANADIAN ownership and pride
in the successes of Quebecois troupes, artists?

I am a scholar working on apaper which treats this subject and would
like to hear as many ideas as possible.  It will assist me if those who
reply identify themselves as working professionals, schoilars, students,
etc.  Hope that you have an opinion on this Howard, or that the
dsicsussion is of interest to you.

Michael Hood
Indiana University of Pennsylvania