CANDRAMA and a Question

Rick Sacks - Percussionist rixax at VEX.NET
Sun Sep 20 23:50:50 EDT 1998

re: Michael's questions about interest in Quebec Theatre outside of
Quebec.

Iam a sound designer and freelance musician living in Toronto. I have had
the great pleasure of performing with Carbone 14 in Montreal and I have
had numerous pleasures seeing  Tremblay plays (OK not exactly new
playwrite) performed here (translated). I also enjoy seeing and performing
in British, American, Japanese etc etc plays. Toronto and Canadians at
large are open to 'cross cultural experience'.

Michael, what is your specific reason for asking about Canadian interest
in plays from Quebec? Is it a language/translation thing? Do you wish to
recommend any Quebec 'hits' or works of genius to the Candrama group?

I am currently working at Tarragon Theatre in collaboration with John
Gzowski, on the sound design for "EMPHYSEMA a love story", a play about
Kenneth Tynan and Louise Brooks. The play is by Janet Munsil a Vancouver
playwrite. It's terrific. Opens next week and I heartily recommend it to
anyone on the list from Toronto (or Montreal for that matter).

Rick Sacks
proprietor of Rik's Cafe Canadian at:
http://www.vex.net/rikscafe