Encyclopedia News; June 20

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sat Jun 19 23:25:45 EDT 1999

Hello all

Fringing this week.

Well the new gizmos are working (for now as with all things technological
these things usually die when you most need them). They will serve to treat
and upload things more quickly, particularly graphics.

Meanwhile, the feasibility study for the National Theatre Calendar and
Registry is going fairly well; I have heard from six or so theatres so far
and they represent most regions of the country. But I'd still like to make
sure that the message gets out to as many people as possible before I
launch, so I am still asking for scouts to at least get me the e-mail
addresses of festivals and theatres (PR people, especially) in their
regions. This project, if it is a go, is not something I want to keep secret
like the Favourite Canadian Plays seems to be (and thank you to Don Rubin
for his recent comments into the Candrama listserv).

Also, don't forget to broadcast your regional news (or flack your play) in
Heavenly Voices. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

And as it is the closing weeks for telling us about your Favourite Canadian
Plays, please do so quickly if you haven't already.
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/tenfavourites.html)

New profiles:
Theatre Aquarius (Company, Ontario)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/t/theatreaquarius.html)
Haynes, Elizabeth Sterling (Activist)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/h.haynese.html)

Updates:
Thea-Tricks; Sources; Masthead; Heavenly Voices; Ten Favourites; Reviews;
Famous People Players; Potter, M.; Bard on the Beach; Foon, D.; Grand
Theatre, London;  Winnipeg Jewish Theatre; Frechette, C.; King, R.; Dolan,
J.; Bowes, G.; Royal Alexandra Theatre; Ross, T.; McKenna, S.; Johnson, G.;
Gilbert, J.; Blake, M.; Campbell, D.; D'Aquila, D.; Blendick, J.; Hewgill,
R.; Patterson, T.; Ducharme, R.; Ontario; Gilsenan, M.; Foster, N.; Short,
M.; Best, W.; Henry, M.; Russell, S.; Reid, K.; Alberta; Banff Centre for
the Arts; Sterling Awards; History; Dominion Drama Festival

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"