Favourites

Valerie Senyk vsenyk at NICKEL.LAURENTIAN.CA
Wed May 5 15:30:08 EDT 1999

Here are some of my favourite Canadian plays...(to get the ball rolli -
)..not in any particular order....

        TORNADO by Judith Thompson -I love the diversity of characters and the
emotional content -it plays well

        THE MONUMENT by Colleen Wagner -oof! -it packs a punch!

        TORONTO, MISSISSIPPI by Joan McLeod  - Jhana is a terrific character
and the interpersonal relationships are deliciously complex

        HERE LIES HENRY  by the Daniels MacIvor and Brooks - I love the voice
of this character...

        JESSICA by Maria Campbell, Linda Griffiths - It's not a completely
succesful play but I appreciate what it STRIVES to accomplish, and it
tickles my imagination

        THE GLACE BAY MINERS' MUSEUM by Wendy Lill - sparse, clean writing,
clear voices, and it's message is important

        INEXPRESSIBLE ISLAND by David Young...I just read it, haven't seen it
play yet, but -yeah. It's good.

        I'm going to let myself think some more on this, because there really
are many fascinating and exciting works out there - !

        Regards,
        valerie Senyk