canadiantheatre.com is putting up a links page.

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Wed Sep 22 02:29:58 EDT 1999

Hello All

I've gotten the green light to create a links section at canadiantheatre.com
so, bring 'em on. (The site should go up within the next few days).

Here are the links sections (suggest others):

Academic
Archives
Companies
Databases
Fan sites (official and unofficial)
Festivals
Links to Links
News Sites (ie: Canoe's Jam Showbiz site)
Not-Necessarily Canadian (but Theatre)
Organizations - Unions, Clubs, Societies
People - Theatre professionals with web sites
Reviews (sites where you can find theatre reviews of productions in Canada)
Schools
Stores/sales (places that want to sell you books/t-shirts/stuff having to do
with theatre)
Sites for teachers
Misc.

Here are the guidelines (hard and fast):

In an e-mail with the subject heading "Links" give the following information
(and only the following information), each piece on a separate line:
- full site address (including the http://)
- site title (ie: Shrine to Geordie Johnson)
- language of site (Fr./Eng. etc.)
- section(s) where you think your site should be listed; your site can be
listed in several sections.
- a 20-40-word description of the site and its merits (we may use the
description or formulate one from our own visit to the site)

Allow at least a week for us to check your site and get the info up. As
keeping a links site such as this is hard work (we make every attempt to
keep it updated and scrub dead-link sites and add new ones), we expect only
one thing in return: link back to us. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com) We
would also like to know when you've renovated your page (in a major way,
not, say, with the addition of a paragraph; tell us how you renovated) so
that we can add an icon on the link.

Also, from time to time, we like to reward links for their quick download
time (there are ways of treating graphics so they don't take 15 minutes to
download), or the value of the information, or even because they're just fun
to visit. Then we put a special icon by your link's name.

But we also reserve the right to give you a different icon if we think your
site is getting a little stale - let's face it, there's enough stale stuff
on the web already. Or an icon if it's noisy (slow download, etc.)

NB: If we find that an address is a dead-link or the address has been
changed (ie: "We are now at ******, please update your bookmark") the link
will be removed without further notification.