library resources on Native drama -HELP

Shannon Hengen shengen at NICKEL.LAURENTIAN.CA
Tue Apr 17 08:36:38 EDT 2001

Two articles you could look at:
Taylor, Drew Hayden.  "Storytelling to stage: the growth of native theatre in Canada."    -TDR- 41.3 (T155) (Fall 1997): 140-141, 144-152.
Flavel, Floyd.  "A Plains Nomad--Over the Ocean." -Canadian Theatre Review- 68 (Fall    1991): 24-5.
It's a start.  Shannon Hengen

>>> Raymond Louter <oedipus at REDEEMER.ON.CA> 04/16/01 16:04 PM >>>
Our library is woefully lacking in recent written materials on
Canadian/North American native drama/ritual and mythology (we have a
surprisingly rich selection of video-taped materilas though). My
students are quite taken with Kwakiutl  and other west-coast native art
and performance/ritual activities as am I. Does anyone have a
bibliography of this subject area that would point me in the right
direction. Yes, this is what it looks like: an "end of the year -- I'm
crabby and exhausted  -- give me a short-cut kind of request.

Ray

--
Raymond Louter
Redeemer University College