FW: author's query

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Mon Dec 10 17:56:16 EST 2001

If anyone wishes to help this person, just drop them a line.

Cheers.

Gaetan Charlebois

----------
From: "Lisa Brand" <lisbrand at earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:57:33 -0800
To: <blajeune at total.net>
Subject: author's query

I am a San Francisco-based writer working on an historical novel that takes
place in Montreal and Quebec in the years 1730 -54, and I am trying learn as
much as I can about any theatrical activity that took place in Montreal
during that time. Specifically I am wondering if there was amateur theater
performed in taverns, churches, or hospitals, and if so, what kinds of
people took part, and whether their performances were scripted. Are there
any historians of Canadian theater of this period?

Thank you in advance for your time,
Lisa Brand
lbrand at aya.yale.edu