Fw: Assistant Professor in Gender studies and queer theory, performance and theater studies

Denis.Salter d.salter at VIDEOTRON.CA
Fri Sep 28 11:05:05 EDT 2001

Dear Colleagues,

f.y.i.

apologies for any cross listings.

Denis.

----- Original Message -----
From: Cary M. Mazer
To: ASTR-L at listserv.uiuc.edu
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:55 AM
Subject: Assistant Professor in Gender studies and queer theory, performance and theater studies

I'd like to call the attention of Performance and Theatre Studies scholars to the following job listing, in the most recent MLA Joblist.  (N.B.  Please direct all applications to the English Department, as indicated, and not to me.)

Cary M. Mazer
Chair, Theatre Arts Program
University of Pennsylvania

*****
U of Pennsylvania
English, 34th and Walnut St, 119 Bennett Hall Philadelphia PA 19104

Assistant Professor of English

http:// www.dept.english.upenn.edu

Gender studies and queer theory, performance and theater studies.

We invite applications for one tenure-track position from candidates working in or across the fields of gender studies and queer theory, and/ or performance and theater studies. Ph.D. required.  The normal teaching load for this position is two courses a semester.  Salary and benefits will be competitive. Applications will begin to be considered on November 1 and will be acknowledged by postcard. Send letter of application and CV to Prof. David Wallace, Chair, Dept of English, Bennett Hall, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104-6273.The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
*****