: Invitation du ministère du Patrimoine canadien / Invitat ion from Department of Canadian Heritage]

Anne F. Nothof annen at ATHABASCAU.CA
Fri Feb 15 16:33:40 EST 2002

-

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:42:36 -0700
To: ccrn at csgrs6k1.uwaterloo.ca
From: Donna Cardinal
Subject: [ccrn] Fwd: Invitation du minist=E8re du Patrimoine
     canadien / Invitat ion from Department of Canadian Heritage
Sender: owner-ccrn at csgrs6k1.uwaterloo.ca

Hello.

I think many of you will have already received this invitation from
Canadian Heritage.  In case not, here it is.

Donna Cardinal, President
Canadian Cultural Information Network

> [...]
 >>diff=E9rents points de vue.
 >>

 >>En tenant compte de cela, le minist=E8re du Patrimoine canadien cherche
 >>l'apport de diff=E9rents d=E9positaires.  C'est pourquoi nous vous=
 redemandons
 >>de transmettre cette invitation =E0 vos coll=E8gues et aux membres de=
 votre
 >>organisation afin qu'ils puissent =E9galement faire conna=EEtre leurs
 >>vues.  Votre apport et le leur sera utilis=E9 pour modifier le prototype=
 du
 >>site afin qu'il r=E9ponde mieux aux  besoins des gens susceptibles de
 >>l'utiliser.
 >>

 >>Si vous avez des probl=E8mes pour vous brancher, n'h=E9sitez pas =E0=
 communiquer
 >>avec nous =E0 l'adresse =E9lectronique ou au num=E9ro de t=E9l=E9phone=
 apparaissant
 >>ci-dessous.
 >>

 >>Merci =E0 l'avance, et amusez-vous en participant =E0 ce sondage en=
 ligne!

 >>Bien =E0 vous,
 >>

 >>Le ma=EEtre du panel
 >>
 >>panelmaster at goldfarbconsultants.com
 >>
 >>1-800-803-6332
 >>

 >>On behalf of the Department of Canadian Heritage, we would like to invite
 >>you and other people within your organization/membership to participate=
 in
 >>an online survey.
 >>

 >>The Department is focused on you, as a key stakeholder in Canada s
 >>cultural community, to garner your input into the design of the new
 >>Cultural Portal tentatively named CanadaPlace .  As the Department s
 >>research supplier, we are asking you to complete an online Survey,
 >>providing your insight and opinion into current design of the site, and
 >>offer your suggestions for changes, improvements and potential additions.
 >>

 >>We would ask you to forward this message to colleagues, as well as=
 members
 >>of your organization, so that they can also give their feedback.
 >>

 >>Goldfarb Consultants, an independent marketing research firm, has been
 >>retained by the Department of Canadian Heritage to administer the
 >>survey.  Your individual responses are entirely confidential and will be
 >>used for research purposes only.
 >>

 >>The entire exercise overall (examining the portal and answering the
 >>survey) will take about 30 minutes of your time.  Your opinions are
 >>valuable to us.  Please start by examining the prototype for the
 >>portal.  Though it is still under development, you can access it as=
 follows:

 >>Website:
 >>http://www.mycanadaplace.ca   or
 >>http://www.maplaceducanada.ca
 >>
 >>User name:       user at heritage.com
 >>
 >>Password:         ourmosaic
 >>

 >>Once you have examined the site, you can access the survey by clicking on
 >>the link titled Help Develop This Site located on the bottom left hand
 >>corner of the screen.
 >>

 >>We ask that you please complete the survey before February 27th at 10am=
 ET
 >>at which point it will no longer be available online.  In addition, we
 >>also ask that you personally complete the survey only once.
 >>

 >>Here is some necessary background on this initiative:
 >>

 >>The Information Structures & Designs, Government On-Line (GOL) section of
 >>the Department of Canadian Heritage is responsible for creating a web=
 site
 >>which will serve as a gateway to Canadian culture for Internet users. =
 The
 >>aim is to provide a major portal for exploring Canada online, by
 >>facilitating access to high quality information about Canadian
 >>culture.  The portal will provide access to a broad base of cultural
 >>resources, enable users to experience the works of Canadian artists and
 >>creators, and offer opportunities to create online communities that can
 >>exchange diverse points of view.
 >>

 >>With this in mind, The Department of Canadian Heritage is seeking input
 >>from a variety of stakeholders.  Again, we would ask that you forward=
 this
 >>message to any colleagues, as well as members of your organization so=
 that
 >>they can also give their feedback.  The input we receive will be used to
 >>modify the prototype for the site to ensure it will better meet the needs
 >>of those likely to use the portal.
 >>

 >>If you encounter any problems while logging in, please contact us at the
 >>e-mail address or phone numbers below.
 >>

 >>Thank you in advance and have fun participating in our Web survey!
 >>

 >>Regards,
 >>

 >>Panel Master
 >>
 >>jkarry at openvenue.com
 >>
 >>1-800-599-7938 ext. 226
 >>

 >--
 >Sylvia Hannigan
 >Centre for Cultural Management
 >Hagey Hall 143
 >University of Waterloo
 >Waterloo ON  N2L 3G1
 >Telephone: (519) 888-4567, ext. 5058
 >Fax:       (519) 746-3956
 >Centre website: http://ccm.uwaterloo.ca

This message was originally sent to the ccrn by Donna Cardinal=20