Sister Geraldine Anthony

Edward Mullaly emullaly at NBNET.NB.CA
Tue Apr 12 12:39:55 EDT 2005

I received the following from Patrick O'Neill, who asked that I pass it on:

Ed,

I was wondering if you could put this on the mail server.

ANTHONY, Sister Geraldine

Sister Geraldine Anthony, 85, died in Halifax on April 9, 2005.  Born in
Brooklyn, New
York, she entered the Sisters of Charity in Halifax in 1939. After receiving
her Ph.D.
in English from St. John's University, New York, she taught at Mount Saint
Vincent
University from 1965 until her retirement in 1986.  During this period, she
wrote
several books on Canadian drama, the best kown being on Canadian playwrights

John Coulter and Gwen Pharis Ringwood.  She served as President of the
Association for Canadian Theatre History in 1986 and 1987.  Burial will be
on
Saturday in St. John's Cemetary, Rego Park, New York.

Patrick B. O'Neill, PhD
Professor, Department of Speech and Drama
Mount Saint Vincent University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3M 2J6
Tel 902 457-6714  Fax 902 457-6455

Golf is the cruelest of sports. Like
life, it is unfair. It's a harlot. A
trollop. It leads you on. It never
 lives up to its promises. It's not a
sport, it's bondage. An obsession. A
boulevard of broken dreams. It plays
with men. And runs off with the butcher.
                             -- Jim Murray
Edward Mullaly
511 Mansfield St
Fredericton, NB E3B 3A1