2008 Anthropology Dept. Silver Medal & Sal Weaver Awards event - Tuesday, October 28th, 4 p.m. in TC, Rm 2218 A&B

Allyson Rowat arowat at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 22 15:08:16 EDT 2008

The Department of Anthropology invites you to attend our 2008 Silver Medal
and Sal Weaver Awards ceremony at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 28th in the
Tatham Centre, Room 2218 A & B.

This year's guest speaker is Dr. Mathias Guenther, Professor Emeritus,
Wilfrid Laurier University, and his lecture is entitled:   "The Foraging
Mode of Thought" of the San and Other Egalitarian Hunter-Gatherers.   Dr.
Guenther is an expert on foraging societies and folklore.

After the lecture, the Silver Medal for academic achievement in Anthropology
will be presented to this year's winner and the 2008 winner of the Sal
Weaver Memorial Tuition Scholarship will be announced.  This scholarship is
in honour of our late colleague and friend, Sal Weaver, who taught in the
Anthropology Department for over 25 years.  A reception will follow in PAS
3005.

All Welcome.

Allyson Rowat
Administrative Secretary (Undergraduate & Graduate)
Department of Anthropology (PAS 2012)
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON, Canada  N2L 3G1