Philosophy Colloquium - Thurs., Oct. 27, 2011 @ 1:00 p.m.

Vicki Brett vbrett at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 24 12:25:37 EDT 2011

The next Philosophy Colloquium will be this Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. in HH 373. Professor Ann Garry, visiting Humphrey Chair in Feminist Philosophy, will be delivering a talk on "Metaphors of Intersectionality". A description of the talk can be found below. All are welcome.

    This talk is drawn from  my paper, "Who Is Included?", that formed

    the basis for my September colloquium talk on intersectionality.

     The section on metaphors was entirely omitted from that talk.

     After a quick characterization of intersectionality, I analyze the

    various attempts to capture intersectionality in metaphors, propose

    my own, and consider what the value of metaphors is in the

    discussion of and controversies over intersectionality.

Vicki Brett
Undergraduate Coordinator
Philosophy Department - HH 365
University of Waterloo